Version 2.9 released on 12/21/2019
- Set the default value for “Gross Vehicle Weight Rating” to be “Class 1A: 3,000 lb or less (1,360 kg or less)” to the VIN decode output for vehicle types Motorcycle and Low Speed Vehicle(LSVs) when Gross Vehicle Weight Rating value is not coded.
- The output of the text fields that are not applicable for different Vehicle Types are marked as “Not Applicable” on VIN decode output if there are no values coded for those fields.
- Updated error code 10 to be applicable to the following off -road vehicle body classes: “Off-road Vehicle - Construction Equipment”, “Off-road Vehicle - Farm Equipment”, “Off-road Vehicle - Golf Cart” and “Off-road Vehicle – Snowmobile"
Version 2.8 released on 11/9/2019
- Added a new error code 14 "Unable to provide information for all the characters in the VIN" in the VIN decode outputs
- Updated the Footer section
- Added an image for "Golf Cart" body class
- Small change in the text for error code 10
Version 2.7 released on 7/14/2019
- Added a note on Show all Vehicle Details page, that says "NOTE: Any missing decoded values should be interpreted as NHTSA does not have data on the specific variable. Missing value should NOT be interpreted as an indication that a feature or technology is unavailable for a vehicle."
- Updated vPIC Decoder Algorithm to repeat the decode with alternate 30-year range, if Model Year is initially decoded with Error code 8
- Add two new fields "Gross Combination Weight Rating" and "Gross Combination Weight Rating up to” to VIN Decode output
- Updated the VPIC Decoder output to show the VIN ErrorCodes as comma-separated list of values and ErrorText as semicolon-separated error text description
Version 2.6 released on 6/1/2019
- Canadian Vehicle Specifications module is updated to use updated data source.
Version 2.5 released on 12/25/2018
- Multiple Error Codes - Multiple error codes will be returned when you decode a VIN, if the VIN has multiple errors and more than one error code is needed to represent the errors.
- Error Code 1 for Off-Road Vehicles - If the body class of the VIN indicates an off-road vehicle, the text for Error Code 1 (Check Digit (9th position) does not calculate properly) will be displayed with an additional NOTE, that says, "Disregard if this is an off-road vehicle PIN that has been decoded as check digit calculation may not be accurate."
- New Error Code 12 - Model year entered does not match the model year based on the 10th character in VIN. This error is triggered when the Model Year entered does not match with the two possible model years defined by the 10th position of the VIN.
- New Error Code 400 - Invalid Characters Present (I, O, Q). This error indicates the presence of invalid characters I, O or Q in a VIN. As one or more characters in a VIN do not follow ISO VIN standards, the VIN decode information may be incomplete.
- A new element "Rear Cross Traffic Alert" has been added to Active Safety System Group.
- Added an additional check to see if the VIN can be decoded clean using the other possible model year (minus 30 years), when a VIN is decoded with error code 8.
Version 2.3.9 released on 12/7/2017
- Updated ExportToPDF to use Browser's Print feature.
- Added new elements to Active Safety System Group.
- Changed the label for "Auto-Reverse System" to "Auto-Reverse System for Windows and Sunroofs".
- Removed fields "Driver Assist" and "Adaptive Headlights" from Active Safety Sytem group.
Version 2.2.2 released on 11/29/2017
- Update Export to PDF feature to use browser's Print dialog
Version 2.2.1 released on 11/24/2016
- Corrected the conversion between Horsepower and Kilowatt for Engine Power.
- Added a new element called "Possible Values" when VIN has an error and returns Error code 3.
Version 2.2.0 released on 10/23/2016
- Add Check Digit Calculator page
Version 2.1.0 released on 8/6/2016
- Add Release notes page
- Add email list with subscribe/unsubscribe actions
- Include app version, release notes link and email list links in header
- Include GVWR for ALL vehicle types (it was displayed only for some vehicle types)